Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall Fun

I love Fall! There's nothing quite like those fresh, crisp fall mornings, hazy afternoons when the leaves are ablaze with color, cheering at a football game, or biting into a sweet crunchy apple. These are the things I love about this season.


Ammon has been kind enough to share his friends with me, and we've all had a lot of fun going on hikes together and watching the football games (GO COUGARS). In the midst of the research papers and essays I am working on for my classes, these diversions have been quite welcome.





A couple of weeks ago we hiked all the way from Rock Canyon, behind Y mountain through some beautiful meadows, and then came out at the Y. It ended up being about a 6 hour hike because the trail forked several times and sometimes we chose the wrong path and ended up having to back track. One of the detours we took was well worth it, however, because we got to see a beautiful valley with gorgeous fall colored leaves all around that we would have missed if we had taken the other route.



2 comments:

  1. That's the great thing about siblings-- they can easily share your friends with them (for good or bad) Remember all those dates in high school you went on to humor my guy friends? Hopefully you are enjoying Ammon's friends more than those. I really miss the mountains this time of year and just want to take a drive in the canyon. Thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pics are gorgeous!!! Can I order an enlargement? ; )

    ReplyDelete