Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Reflections

I know I haven't blogged for a while, and I do intend to repent of that soon...but I just wanted to take a moment to write down some thoughts I have been mulling over lately.

Today marks 6 years from the day that Lucien died. I look back on these years and sometimes can't believe that so many have gone by already, and other times I think "Really? Has it only been 6 years? It feels like so much longer." I think about how different my life today is from what I imagined it was going to be when Lucien and I married. We probably would have had a couple of kids by now, Lucien would have been done with his flight training and probably would be working for an airline. We might have had the kind of house I've always wanted, etc. etc. Although part of me gets a little depressed when I think of all the could'ves and should'ves and would'ves, a larger part of me is so thankful for what I DO have.

I am thankful for the calm serenity that comes from feeling the effects of the healing hands of time and God's grace after experiencing the turmoil of a shattered heart.

I am thankful for the emotional strength that comes from knowing that I have survived the intense heat and pressure of the refiner's fire, and have become more resilient and luminous because of the experience.

I am thankful for the greater sensitivity to the simple pleasures of life all around me that comes from knowing that the sweetest moments in life are also the most fleeting.

There is much more that I am thankful for that I could list here, but another thing I have come to appreciate is the opportunity to spend more time living life than blogging about it, so I will end this here and say thanks to everyone who has been a companion with me on my journey. Your love and friendship is appreciated. :-)

1 comment: